Monday, August 17, 2009

Progress/Count Your Blessings/pear yogurt (not necessarily in that order)

I haven't had much to write lately, but I'm trying to keep up with the blogging, so I'm going to pretend something interesting happened.

Guess what??!!!??? (This is me pretending something interesting has happened) I cleaned the fridge today!! So this is actually my least favorite chore, but it did cause me to realize something: for the first time I was thankful that our fridge is about a quarter of the size of a normal one. I don't like it's size right after I've done our grocery shopping for the week, but when I have to clean it, I'm glad that it isn't any bigger. I really hate cleaning fridges. The fridge is probably the thing that has cause the most strife in our barely married life. (I may be exaggerating a bit). I think a fridge is an ok size when I can fit a week's shopping in it. Yeah, I'd like a little extra space, but it's ok. Greg thinks a fridge is the right size when it fits everything I'm going to feed him in a week, plus at least one entire pack of gatorade - and the freezer must fit regular food plus a few boxes of taquitos. I have tried to explain that it is ok to keep 2 gatorades in the fridge to chill while the others reside next to the fridge in our "pantry spot." He's been a pretty good sport, but when he forgets to replace a gatorade he took from the fridge (or God forbid I forget to replace one), the subject comes up again.

Speaking of a pantry, Greg put up our "pantry shelves" last night. This was very exciting. After an almost completely unsuccessful trip to Home Depot last night, we came home with what we thought was the worst possible solution to our lack of space for canned and dried goods. It turned out to work very well (pictures will be included with the "little house" pictures). So anyway, that was quite an exciting moment. Now we have space for all those lovely things that usually go in a cupboard. It is quite exciting.

In other news, I have discovered something revolutionary in the world of yogurt. I'm a longtime fan of Yoplait yogurt and their many flavored yogurts. In middle and high school I ate one for lunch everyday. Anyway, on one of my first grocery adventures after returning to the little house I discovered that Yoplait makes pear yogurt. I love pears, but I figured this would be a flop as are their coffee, key lime, and white chocolate cheescake flavors (those are all gross). Anyway, I decided to give it a try. Truly, this is the most amazing flavor of yogurt ever discovered. I am in love. (I know I shouldn't use that term lightly...but you have to try this stuff...it's amazing!!!). Consequently, I now buy pear yogurt on every grocery adventure. So far I have supplemented the pear yogurt purchasing with other flavors like blueberry and rasberry (some of my old favorites), but I always seem to eat the pear first, and then find myself dissapointed when I have to eat the others. After a few weeks of this I will probably learn to only buy the pear ones. Anyway. That's probably enough about pear yogurt.

So, I think that is about all that is going on right now. I've probably spent too many words talking about too few things, but I do believe that this is the express purpose of a blog.

4 comments:

  1. i am so glad that you are posting your blog address. how fun to read your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across this blog when i did a google search for "yoplait pear yogurt", after discovering it myself at the local SuperTarget store. I completely concur with every comment Anna makes. This is *bar none* the best yogurt out there -- Yoplait or otherwise. The taste is absolutely amazing and the pear chunks are real and taste fresh. The whole thing is divine, and it's really surprising just how much better this flavour is over any of the (admittedly also really good) other ones.

    My only beef: pear doesn't come in the Light (fatfree, less sugar) version. I have avoided regular yogurts with fat/sugar for years now -- sometimes Yoplait Light but usually something like Cascade Fresh which is only sweetened with fruit juice.

    But alas, Yoplait Pear yogurt is so incredible that I'm going to have to make an exception to the rule. Like Anna, I've already killed off my 4 pear yogurts that I got and am now disappointed at what remains in the fridge. Next time, I'm stocking up!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree i googled yoplait pear yougurt after realizing it was the best yogurt I've ever tasted!!!! IT'S THE BEST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bar none is the best flaver out there...Why can I no longer find it in any Ohio grocery stores???

    ReplyDelete